Opening files with multiple programs
To be able to open a file with more than one program, do the following:
1. Select Start > Settings > Folder Options > File Types.
2. Locate the file type you want to work with and double click it.
3. In the Edit File Type dialog that opens, you will see a box marked Actions. This is where Windows 98 stores the various actions that can be implemented on a particular file type.
4. To add an entry, click New. In the New Action dialog box, type the name of the action in the Action box. Use the Browse button to find the Application that you want to open the file with.
5. The action that is set as default would be carried out when you double click the file. Other actions will be available on right-clicking the file.